Unit Leader (Male & Female)
Unit Leader will be responsible for supervising Outdoor Leaders and ensuring the safety of campers as they participate in a wide range of camp activities including hiking, archery, arts and crafts, climbing wall, swimming, canoeing, and outdoor living skills. In addition to leading and supervising camp activities Unit Leader will support Outdoor Leaders through all daily activities including meal times, cabin time, overnight, and transitions between activities. Unit Leader will serve as program leadership and mentors to members of Outdoor Journeys’ Teen Academy. The Unit Leader will report directly to the Program Director. Unit Leader will live on site during the delivery of programing.
Through the supportive guidance of camp counselors, campers build their own unique community in which each member can experience a sense of belonging, connectedness, safety, acceptance and appreciation.
The key duties of the Unit Leader will be:
· To supervise Outdoor Leaders within unit.
· Facilitate leadership development activities for Teen Academy
· Facilitate large and small group activities including evening programs.
· Be a positive role model for campers.
· Monitor the health, well-being and safety of campers and Outdoor Leaders.
· Abide by and enforce camp policies.
· Punctual and prepared for training and when on duty.
· Communicate with campers, families and staff in a mature and professional manner at all times.
· Attend leadership and staff training.
· Maintain a clean camp and cabin area.
· Live on-site while camp is in session.
· Clean camp areas after programming
· Keep campers safe at all times.
· Work with Camp Operations Manager for facility needs (housekeeping and maintenance).
· Attend Staff Meetings.
· Report directly to Camp Program Director.
· Other duties as assigned.