Arts and Crafts Instructor
The Arts & Crafts Instructor will develop and execute projects and activities with campers. The A&C Instructor will be responsible for ensuring the safety of campers as they participate in arts and crafts activity time. The A&C instructor will use the utmost care to supervise and provide guidance to campers. In addition to arts and crafts activities the A&C instructor will support Outdoor Leaders in their supervision of campers through daily activities including meal times, cabin time, overnight, and transitions between activities. A&C Instructor will also serve as a role model and mentor to members of Outdoor Journeys’s Teen Academy. The A&C Instructor will report directly to Camp Program Director or designate. The A&C Instructor will live on site during the delivery of programming to campers.
Through the supportive guidance of camp staff members, campers build their own unique community in which each member can experience a sense of belonging, connectedness, safety, acceptance and appreciation.
The key duties of the Arts and Crafts Instructor will be:
· Guide cabin groups of campers through full participation in Arts and Crafts programming.
· Develop creative and age appropriate arts & crafts program activities.
· Maintain program equipment and area to ensure all aspects are safe for campers and staff to participate.
· Perform an inventory of supplies and equipment at the close of each camp session, report any needs to direct line supervisor.
· Facilitate large and small group activities.
· Monitor the health, well-being and safety of campers.
· Abide by and enforce camp policies.
· Communicate with campers, families and staff in a mature and professional manner at all times.
· Attend staff training.
· Participate in evening programing.
· Support the delivery of food service, including prep and clean up during meals.
· Maintain a clean camp and activity area.
· Live on-site while camp is in session.
· Clean camp areas after programming.
· Be a positive role model for campers.
· Keep campers safe at all times.
· Work with Camp Operations Manager for facility needs (housekeeping and maintenance).
· Attend Staff Meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.