The Instructor will develop and execute projects and activities with campers. The Drama Instructor will be responsible for ensuring the safety of campers as they participate in drama activity time. The Drama Instructor will use the utmost care to supervise and provide guidance to campers. In addition to drama activities the Drama Instructor will support Outdoor Leaders in their supervision of campers through daily activities including meal times, cabin time, overnight, and transitions between activities. Drama Instructor will also serve as a role model and mentor to members of Outdoor Journeys’ Teen Academy. The Drama Instructor will report directly to Camp Program Director. The Drama Instructor will live on site during the delivery of programming to campers.
Through the supportive guidance of camp staff members, campers build their own unique community in which each member can experience a sense of belonging, connectedness, safety, acceptance and appreciation.
The key duties of the Drama Instructor will be:
· Guide cabin groups of 6-14 campers through full participation in Drama programming.
· Design and facilitate engaging activities relevant to Drama.
· Maintain program equipment and area to ensure all aspects are safe for campers and staff to participate in
· Perform an inventory of supplies and equipment at the close of each camp session, report any needs to direct line supervisor.
· Facilitate large and small group activities.
· Be a positive role model for campers.
· Monitor the health, well-being and safety of campers.
· Abide by and enforce camp policies.
· Communicate with campers, families and staff in a mature and professional manner at all times.
· Attend staff training.
· Maintain a clean camp and activity area.
· Live on-site while camp is in session.
· Clean camp areas after programming.
· Keep campers safe at all time.
· Work with Camp Operations Manager for facility needs (housekeeping and maintenance).
· Attend Staff Meetings.
· Report directly to Camp Program Director.
· Other duties as assigned.