The Lead Cook will assist the Head Cook and the entire kitchen team in providing delicious and nutritious food in a residential camp environment in a highly professional kitchen facility. The Lead Cook will assist the Head Cook in the planning and execution of all meals served during camp sessions.
The key duties of the Lead Cook will be:
· To assist in the planning and execution of delicious and nutritious meals for campers and staff.
· To use math skills for scaling recipes, measuring, weighing, time and temperature conversions, estimating and controlling portions and tracking food used, consumed and wasted.
· Train Kitchen Staff.
· To use and maintain commercial equipment.
· Be on call to respond to group needs.
· Customize menu offerings to meet the specific needs of campers and staff.
· To demonstrate proper use and maintenance of knives, slicers, processors and other hand implements.
· To lift and carry 30lbs.
· To use visual and auditory senses to identify and respond to problems and hazards in the kitchen.
· To arrive ready to work on time.
· To maintain high standards of personal hygiene, grooming of hair, hands, fingernails, clean and appropriate clothing, shoes, hats, apron, and gloves, and a willingness to conform to strict dress codes and uniforms.
· A willingness to participate in a multi-day training and qualification program before starting work.
· Live on site during program delivery.
· To work hard and well under pressure.
· To demonstrate basic food preparation skills including use and maintenance of knives, hand implements and commercial kitchen equipment
· An interest and knowledge of food, names, terminology and food nutrition.
· To clean dishes, equipment and facilities with hard work and demanding situations.
· To participate in a multi-day training program before starting work
· Other duties as assigned.