Facilities & Maintenance Director
The Facilities & Maintenance Director shall support the mission of CFISC Camp Nawakwa in all areas of Camp operations. This also includes supporting all other areas of Camp operations, such as food service, administrative office work, marketing and program support, with highest level of hospitality and customer service. The Candidate shall understand that he/she is an employee of Camp Fire Inland Southern California and shall conduct himself/herself as an ambassador of the organization.
The desired candidate would work closely with all Camp residential staff and Camp Fire Inland Southern California Rancho community based staff.
Key Areas of Responsibility for Facilities & Maintenance Director
- Plan, organize and direct all maintenance aspects in compliance with health and safety codes, building codes and other regulations as well as Camp Programs, all aspects of Housekeeping, Operations Standards and Budget, while also available to provide Food Service support.
- Preform daily maintenance tasks as needed.
- Be an active part of the Camp Leadership Team.
- Work with and communicate to the Executive Director of Camping Services on all matters concerning budget including its creation and implementation on a regular basis.
- Obtain bids and develop proposals for special Camp maintenance projects on sight and make determinations to outsource or perform in-house.
- Provide for the fulfillment of all needs for maintenance, both short and long term, repair to all Camp facilities and utilities as needed.
- Provide/monitor the testing, reporting and compliance with all regulatory authorities for water, waste, hazardous materials, health, American Camp Association, U.S. Forest Service, safety and fire regulations.
- Oversee and support Facilities and Housekeeping to fulfill the needs listed above.
- Directly responsible for ensuring all buildings are maintained and secured during non-operation times.
- Provide and maintain system of communicating and reporting the needs and schedule for the implementation of the responsibilities listed above.
- Provide and maintain financial records of all expenses related to the above responsibilities including, receipts, invoices, contracts, and inventories for supplies, equipment, food, and materials.
- Works with High Trails as the lead Camp Nawakwa staff to ensure that all regular maintenance needs are met in support of the High Trails program.
- Daily check- in with assigned on site rental groups.
- Take a lead role in the hiring, training and supervision of all Maintenance & Facilities staff (Maintenance and Housekeeping).
- Ensure all new employee paperwork has been completed in line with CFISC polices & procedures, in a timely manner.
- Conduct periodic staff meetings with a planned agenda.
- Work with the Camp Program Director and key seasonal staff (Health & Food Services Supervisors) to ensure effective delivery of relevant program and operation goals are achieved.
- Support Camp community and public relations events.
- Assist with marketing as needed.
- Ensure Camp walk through duties are preformed both during season and off-season.
- Provide on site security of the site both during operation and non-operational times.
- Respond to emergency situations in line with the Camp’s established emergency protocols.
- Respond to facility emergencies in a prompt manner, which require working evenings and weekends.
- Daily inspection and maintenance of grounds such as trimming of landscape, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping of floors in cabins, kitchen and restrooms, checking for adequate supply of water in tanks, checking chemicals and water level, and sweeping and vacuuming swimming pool.
- Maintain pool operations, during the summer months.
- Supervise and facilitate weed clearing, pine needle removal, etc., according to Fire Marshall’s and U.S. Forest Service specifications.
- Ensure safe storage of chairs, beds, program equipment, etc. during the off- season.
- On call responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.