Day Camp Counselor
Outdoor Journeys is a non-profit youth development organization, which operates a Day Camp Program, Camp Blue Sky, near Upland California. Outdoor Journeys is looking for motivated individuals with a passion for working with youth to serve as Day Camp Counselors.
The Counselor will be responsible for ensuring the safety of campers as they participate in a wide range of camp activities including arts and crafts, group games, Frisbee golf, scavenger hunts, indoor/outdoor games, relay games, basketball, wiffle ball, team building and leading songs/skits. In addition to camp activities the Counselor will be the primary supervisor of campers through all daily activities including meal time, activities, and transitions between activities.
The key duties of the Day Camp Counselor will be:
· Guide groups of campers through full participation in all camp activities.
· Facilitate large and small group activities.
· Be a positive role model for campers.
· Monitor the health, well-being and safety of campers.
· Abide by and enforce camp policies.
· Punctual and prepared for training and when on duty.
· Communicate with campers, families and staff in a mature and professional manner at all times.
· Attend staff training at Camp Nawakwa, located near Angelus Oaks CA.
· Maintain a clean day camp and activity areas.
· Clean camp areas after programming.
· Keep campers safe at all times.
· Work with Camp Operations Manager for facility needs (housekeeping and maintenance).
· Attend Staff Meetings.
· Report directly to Site Leader