The Adventure Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the safety of campers as they participate in Adventure Camp programming. Maintaining a high standard of safety and facilitation in Camp Nawakwa’s Adventure Camp programing. The AC will meticulously follow all necessary safety precautions while supervising campers. In addition to Adventure Camp activities the AC will support Outdoor Leaders in their supervision of campers through daily activities including meal times, cabin time, overnight, and transitions between activities. The Adventure Coordinator will also serve as a role model and mentor to members of Outdoor Journeys’ Teen Academy. The AC will report directly to Camp Program Director. The AC will live on site during the delivery of programming to campers.
Through the supportive guidance of camp staff members, campers build their own unique community in which each member can experience a sense of belonging, connectedness, safety, acceptance and appreciation.
The key duties of the Adventure Coordinator will be:
· Facilitate delivery of Adventure Camp programming in conjunction with Adventure Leaders.
· Develop and enhance Adventure Camp Programming.
· Prepare routes, logistics, gear, provisions and supplies for on and off site Adventure Camp programs.
· Coordinate with Program Director in preparation of logistics for Adventure Camp programs.
· Exhibit meticulous care and attention to technique when running Adventure Camp programs.
· Maintain program equipment and area to ensure all aspects are safe for campers and staff to participate in.
· Perform an inventory of supplies and equipment at the close of each camp session, report any needs to direct line supervisor.
· Facilitate large and small group activities.
· Be a positive role model for campers.
· Monitor the health, well-being and safety of campers.
· Abide by and enforce camp policies.
· Communicate with campers, families and staff in a mature and professional manner at all times.
· Attend Leadership Training and Staff Training.
· Maintain a clean camp and activity area.
· Live on-site while camp is in session.
· Clean camp areas after programming.
· Keep campers safe at all times.
· Work with Camp Operations Manager for facility needs (housekeeping and maintenance).
· Attend Staff Meetings.
· Report directly to Camp Program Director.
· Other duties as assigned.